SONS OF THE AMERICAN LEGION, 5TH DISTRICT OF MICHIGAN
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS 2018-2019
•Wednesday, September 12: Alto Post 528 - 6052 Linfield Ave SE, Alto, MI 49302
•Wednesday, November 7: Neal Fonger Post 179 - 2327 Wilson SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49534
•Wednesday, January 16: DW Cassard Post 208 - 133 44th Street SE, Kentwood, MI 49548
•Thursday, March 14: Caledonia Post 305 - 9548 Cherry Valley SE, Caledonia, MI 49316
•Tuesday, May 14: Grand Haven Post 28 - 700 S. Harbor Drive, Grand Haven, MI 49417 ** PENDING CONFIRMATION WITH POST 28**
All meetings are at 7 pm unless noted otherwise.
Commander: Scott Kelly (Sq 28), 616-638-9199, email@example.com
Sr. Vice Commander: Earl King (Sq 528), 616-421-5339, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jr. Vice Commander: Todd VanDam (Sq 208), 616-644-7387, email@example.com
Adjutant: Joe Hollomon (Sq 459), 616-482-7833, firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Officer: Jeff Meulendyk (Sq 28), 616-881-3334, email@example.com
Chaplain: Robert Moffatt,(Sq 305), 616-868-7437
Sergeant-At-Arms: Dave Allen (Sq 208), 616-262-7187, firstname.lastname@example.org
Historian: Jeff Van Sickle (Sq 28), 616-690-5402,email@example.com
Judge Advocate: Skipper Townes, (Sq 287), 616-754-7879, firstname.lastname@example.org
VAVS Chairman: Jim Troost, (Sq 179), 616-308-3747, email@example.com
Past Commander: Keith Tyler (Sq 287), 616-443-3861, firstname.lastname@example.org
S.A.L. Liason: Ronald Ruffe (Post 311), 616-942-9853, email@example.com
MINUTES FROM PAST MEETINGS
January 2019 March 2019 May 2019
OUR 5TH DISTRICT CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING SQUADRONS
(click on the Squadron number to go to their website)
• Squadron 6, Holland. 10820 Paw Paw Dr. Holland, MI 49424. 616-392-2609. SAL Commander: Dan Schamper, email: N/A. Meetings: 2nd Monday of the month at 7 pm.
• Squadron 28, Grand Haven. 700 S. Harbor Dr. Grand Haven, MI 49417. 616-842-5310 SAL Commander: Jeff Warner, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings: 1st Monday of the month at 7:30 pm.
• Squadron 47, Comstock Park. 3811 W. River Drive, Comstock Park, MI 616-784-6280. SAL Commander: Gale Prenger, email: email@example.com. Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm.
• Squadron 59, Grand Rapids. SAL Commander, Roy Stallworth. Meetings 1st Sunday of the month at 5 pm.
• Squadron 102, Rockford. 330 Rockford Park Dr., Rockford, MI 49341. 616-866-2591. Commander: Michael Dunleavy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings: 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6 pm.
• Squadron 179, Grandville. 2327 Wilson Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49534. 616-453-9861. SAL Commander: Bruce "Bones" Postma, email: email@example.com. Meetings:1st Monday of the month at 7 pm.
• Squadron 287, Cedar Springs. 80 South Main, Cedar Springs, MI 49316. 616-696-9160. SAL Commander: Keith Tyler, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings: 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6:30 pm.
• Squadron 528, Alto. 6052 Linfield SE, Alto, MI 49302. 616-868-6490. SAL Commander: Earl King, email: email@example.com. Meetings: 3rd Monday of the month at 7 pm.
2018-2019 MEMBERSHIP TARGET DATES
Established in 1954, The American Legion Child Welfare Foundation was developed as a repository of funds from individuals who wished to contribute to the betterment of children in this country.
Their foremost philanthropic priority is to contribute to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual welfare of children and youth by aiding progress in the field of child welfare through dissemination of knowledge about research, studies, surveys, projects, or by supporting programs and activities benefiting the welfare of children and youth.